Project: Strengthening local democracy
Successful decentralization depends on the active participation of citizens in the creation and implementation of public policies. The current level of citizen participation is more quantitative, and the quality of participation, ie. the number of accepted recommendations from citizens is insignificant, civil society organizations have weak capacities, they do not have enough knowledge and resources to represent issues for which they were formed.
This activity will provide stimulation of the work and encouragement for regional development through constant support in the daily work of the CSO, strengthening of the organizations and internal institutional rules, procedures and building of the association institutional memory.
Goals of the project:
- Improving the position of civil society for effective representation of the interests of the target groups
- Strengthening of institutional and financial sustainability of local CSOs (grass roots)
- Increasing citizen participation in the creation of public policies.
– Strengthening the capacities of CSOs (trainings and workshops)
– Mentoring and financial support in developing and implementing advocacy plans
– Monitoring of Local Government units.
– Legal support and support of CSOs in the preparation and/or revision of strategic documents and internal procedures and regulations (Help desk)
– National analysis of the mechanisms for citizen participation
– National Conference
Target groups and communities:
– Civil organizations
– Units of local Government
– Informal groups
- Improved position of civil society for effective representation of the interests of the target groups
- Strengthened institutional and financial sustainability of local CSOs (grass roots)
- Encouraged citizens to resolve local priorities
- Increased participation of citizens in the creation of public policies.
Implementation period: 01.01.2023-30.06.2024
Total budget (in USD ): 120.000
Contact person: Nevenka Longurova Girova
Last modified: 12.01.2023