PROJECT: 4 R’s (REDUCE, RECYCLE, REUSE AND CONVERSION)
SOCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH CIRCULAR ECONOMY
Support: Open Society Foundation-Macedonia
General goal of the project: Proper disposal of textile waste and its use as a commercial resource for socially disadvantaged people.
SG1: To promote in the public the obligations and benefits of the new Law on the management of additional waste streams.
SG2: Acquisition of textile processing skills among socially disadvantaged persons;
SG3: To raise awareness of the citizens about textile waste recycling.
Activity 1: Promotion of the Law on the Management of Additional Waste Streams;
Activity 2: – Establishing a training center for skills for people of social risk;
Activity 3: Educational events to raise awareness about waste in the community;
Target group of the project:
• Textile companies from the region, traders with textile raw materials, clothing stores;
• The mediums, Аssociations of citizens from the region, units of the Ministry of Environment, ELS from the region, citizens;
• Persons of social risk and persons with special needs from the Municipality of Shtip.
• Increased awareness of citizens for preservation of the environment in their community by changing the way they dispose the waste;
• Improved socio-economic condition and reduced poverty among socially vulnerable categories of citizens, with direct involvement in the labor market through acquired skills for textile processing;
• Significantly reduced annual amount of waste in landfills
- Readiness for the implementation of legal solutions, informed and directed public about the obligations and benefits of the Law on the Management of Additional Waste Streams;
• Increased initiative for the development of new small and medium-sized businesses, with acquired knowledge from this project;
• Educated youth – a healthy environmental environment, now and in the future.
Last modified: 05.09.2022